Vacancy for Hon. Treasurer
Do you have the skills and interest in becoming HCPRE’s Honorary Treasurer?
Our current Treasurer, Peter Louis, has given stalwart service to the Branch but has to step back due to ill health. Therefore we are looking to recruit Peter’s successor as soon as practically possible.
The main tasks of the role are:
- The Treasurer is one of a number of signatories to the Branch's accounts and has day to day control / oversight of accounts.
- To make payments independently – to a set limit, previously agreed by Trustees, (payments over that amount to be presented for approval by Trustees) - and in conjunction with others, to discharge the financial obligations of the Branch
- To keep records of balances, receipts and payments , reconciling these with monthly bank statements.
-The Treasurer provides a monthly report to Trustees, usually coinciding with the monthly Executive meetings.
- To prepare end of year accounts and submit them to our external examiner.
- This to be undertaken in time for approval by the Trustees and subsequent submission to the Membership for approval at the yearly AGM.
- To action the yearly standing order for Branch Administrator, following yearly review.
- To be the main branch contact for the Charity Commission: to submit Branch accounts in accordance with Commission requirements.
- To ensure all Charity details are up to date with the Commission, including a list of Trustees.
Hours – variable but approx. 5-10 hours per month.
Whilst interest from an accountancy background would be useful, this is not essential.
· Good numeracy & communication skills
· Ability to keep simple spread sheets on Microsoft Excel or similar software
· Internet/email access – to track payments & stay in touch with the Branch
· Good organisation skills
Support & training.
· Peter has kindly agreed to offer mentorship to his successor. Software is available to aid in the role.
· Volunteer training @ National office
If you may be interested in taking on this important role please email or telephone Richard Williams for more information: email@example.com 01432 851438
Do you like generating ideas and being part of a team who make a real difference?
Skills we are looking for include: An understanding of committee work, an interest in or experience of planning matters, environmental issues or working with the media.
Download The CPRE Herefordshire Committee Member Information Pack.
There is no closing date for this role but if you wish to express an interest, please do so as soon as possible.
- Website / social media
- Fundraising / events
If you have spare time and would like to help keep CPRE as a voice for Herefordshire, please do contact us to learn more.
Our volunteers join us - and stay on - because they enjoy what they do and believe it makes a difference to our environment in Herefordshire. We all seem to like working as a team of like-minded people.